2nd Stage - DIY Tank Stand

Its been a month after my turtles moved into their 90 gallon tank. The basking area is 80% ready, all lighting is provided and filter are doing great job.. so far. Here the second major stage I wanna do is make a stand for the tank.

Since I don't have so much money to buy ready made cabinet or steel stand.. so I check out some other small budget idea for tank stand. I don't want to put the tank at high level because sometimes or I always wanted to play with my turtles.. So I need an average level to accomodate my height.. hihi.. what I do is, I bought 12 cinder blocks today~! The cinder block size is 16 inch length, 8 inch height and 4 inch width or thick. I think 8 inch tall to put the tank is quite ok.

Tomorrow I'm gonna empty the tank and start to arrange the blocks for a stand, I also buy a new thick styrofoam as a layer to hold and distributed equal weight of tank. The foam will be on a thick plywood which I think 2 inch thick.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I bought 2 baby RES 10 days ago on an impulse, I had no idea they required so much care...now im not sure how to look after them, and i just started a new job, i need an easy way to look after them, or someone who will adopt them...plz help, i stay at taman seputeh

~Turtles' Mummy said...

Hi there Global,
The easiest way to take care of your turtles is to make sure the water is always clean and feed them.

Since you having time and money constraint, don't worry yourself because of you turtles.. You still can take care of them simply in the container or tank dat you have them and just make sure the water is clean and feed them. Thats all ;)

Maybe you can advertise who want to adopt your turtles.. Can't help you much on dat.