Basking area still under construction

I already make one but still not attach to the tank, as my mum idea.. she want the removable above tank basking area (ATBA).. that what she want, then I just followed.. hehehe.. so the basking area can be move anywhere or anytime whenever I need to clean the tank or change the water, so it will not give me obstruction.

This is customade ATBA which made from plastic or sometimes people call plexiglass. This plastic material quite expensive here.. 1 x 1 foot square size already cost me RM12 per piece. So imagine I have to spend 2.5 x 1.5 foot size with different thickness of the plastic. The floor is 6mm thick, the wall is 3mm thick. Total cost to make this ATBA is RM150 =P Anything for turtles~! its okay.. hihi




Still in plastic wrappers because I don't want the basking get dusty since the ATBA still not complete yet. I need to put the wallpaper to cover the wall of the basking area. This is because my turtles need privacy when they basking.. not to forget, there is not basking ramp, so still need some times to build it. hihi..

2 comments:

Christy said...

hello!

Cool ATBA! Where did u buy the plexiglass? i intend to build one for my turtle too.

Azz said...

Hi Christy,

Thank you for your compliment :D

Where are you from? I get plexiglass or so call piece of plastic at advertisement kind of shop. Other places can get at any or hardware shop.

Good luck in building one for your turtle! :) Have A Nice Day!