3rd stage - Above Tank Basking Area (ATBA)



Kiki

First of all, I would like to say sorry because I didn't update my turtles blog for such a long time.. :D and as my standard excuses is.. I'm totally busy with my works.. Though I was so busy, I never neglect my turtles.. they still on top of my priority.

Now I want to update about my turtle Above Tank Basking Area (ATBA) that I custom-made from plexi-glass or known as piece of plastic. In order to make the basking area.. I ask for a help from my brother as he good in designing things and make a sketch for me. After that we went to shop buy those plastic. Indirectly, the basking area is made at the shop because they have the equipment to cut the plastic and glue.. hihi..

This plastic material quite expensive here.. 1 x 1 foot square size already cost me RM12 per piece. So imagine I have to spend 2.5 x 1.5 foot size with different thickness of the plastic. The floor is 6mm thick, the wall is 3mm thick.

Total cost for the basking area is RM150.. I think the most expensive parts in building my turtles habitat.. @_@.. hihi.. Anything for turtles~! its okay.. hihi

So this is how the basking area looks like.. The floor basically is clear piece of plastic, but I put pink foam thought looks lovely :D


For the basking ramp, I used plastic tank separator. I bend it a bit and tight it with cabel tight at the basking floor. I don't have the bender to bend the plastic, so I used fire on candle? hehe.. slowly make it melt and bend it. So the black thingy is extra burned from the fire.. can't wipe it off.. :D


and walaa...! this is my turtles ATBA :D


2 comments:

Novroz said...

Cool ATBA!! I still haven't manage to change Kame's plastic container to a glass tank.

~Turtles' Mummy said...

Thank you Novroz~~!! I just use the plastic glass to make the ATBA.. If I used glass, it will cost me plus too risky to use the glass as ATBA..